Disabilities and access
Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP)
AlburyCity is developing a Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP).
The aim of the DIAP is to effectively plan for and deliver on the diverse needs of people with disability in our community.
We are seeking your feedback as a member of the community.
Your input will help us to:
- better understand the issues and
- develop a plan that addresses your needs and concerns
By taking part in the survey, we will better be able to understand your needs and concerns. Please click on the following link to take part https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AlCCom.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Elizabeth Sayers, Community Development Officer 6023 8260 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Access Committee was formed by AlburyCity to bring to Council’s attention disability issues in the built environment. New members are always welcome, click here for more information. T: 02 6023 8111
Master Locksmith Access Key
- The Master Locksmith Access Key (MLAK) is an innovative system that uses a universal lock and key to allow people with a disability to gain access to public facilities 24 hours a day. People with a disability can purchase their own universal key from a local Master Locksmith (Master Locksmiths Association of Australasia (MLAA) member) for a nominal fee ($10 - $20). Proof of disability will be required.
Accessible facilities are located at:
- QEII Square (Dean Street, near the Art Gallery)
- Norris Park Oval
- Albury Botanic Gardens (Dean Street and Wodonga Place, opposite the Gardens Medical Centre)
- Albury and Lavington Mobility Map
- Access to Premises booklet – phone AlburyCity Customer Service to obtain a copy T: 02 6023 8111
Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme (TTSS)
- The NSW Government offers a Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme. For further information go to Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme.
Ability Links NSW
- Ability Links NSW supports people with a disability, their families and carers. It provides a locally based first point of contact. Contact Intereach for further information 1/553 David Street, Albury T: 02 6051 7800
National Disability Insurance Scheme
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will become available in the local area from 2017.
Ability links NSW