Albury is fast becoming a multicultural city. A number of organisations and programs are providing services to help newcomers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds transition into the community.
Multicultural NSW Regional Advisory Committee
- The Multicultural NSW Regional Advisory Committee for the Murray-Lower Darling area meets quarterly in the region.
Multicultural Albury contacts
- AlburyCity’s Multicultural Albury resource is a comprehensive list of contacts for the various multicultural services available.
St Vincent de Paul
- St Vincent de Paul provides humanitarian settlement services to refugees in the Albury Wodonga area. Volunteers to help with the services are welcome. 1091 Mate Street, Lavington T: 02 6048 9523
Albury Wodonga Volunteer Resource Bureau
- The Multicultural Officer at the Albury Wodonga Volunteer Resource Bureau assists newly arrived migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants with settling and living in Australia. T: 02 6021 0990
Visas, work permits, residency & citizenship
- To find out about visiting, studying, working or living in Australia, go to the Department of Immigration website: www.immi.gov.au.