Hair, Beauty and Skin Penetration
We’re responsible for making sure that Albury businesses providing personal appearance services are registered and operate in a hygienic manner. Our responsibility excludes businesses with practitioners registered under the Health Practitioners National Law.
What are personal appearance services?
Personal appearance services include beauty therapy, body piercing, hairdressing and skin penetration services (tattooing, scarring and implanting substances).
We have an inspection and monitoring program for businesses that provide higher risk personal appearance services which result in the skin being penetrated. These services include:
- body piercing (any piercing of the body)
- hair removal (such as waxing & threading)
- tattooing and tattoo removal
- nail salons with cuticle cutting
We also inspect lower risk services such as hairdressing businesses (with no other skin penetration services such as waxing) but less often.
Registering a Hair, Beauty and Skin Penetration business
Simply follow these three steps.
- Contact our Town Planning Department on T:02 6023 8111 to find out if you need development approval.
- Complete the registration form below. Registration is legally required under the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 and the Public Health Regulation 2012.
- Arrange a health inspection prior to operating. At this point you will be provided with a health inspection report which is your proof of registration.