Nominations are now open for the 2017 Youth Council
This is your chance to make a difference for young people in our city! Now's the time to nominate yourself as a Youth Councillor. If you know someone aged between 14 and 18 who would be good at speaking on behalf of local youth, encourage them to nominate too.
The Youth Council began in 2003 to advocate on behalf of Albury’s youth. It’s a great way to develop skills while making our city a better place for young people. We help organise and co-ordinate projects and events such as the Youth Connect Card initiative, the Kool Skools awards night, leadership conferences, youth forums, Clean Up Graffiti Day and the All-abilities Disco.
Youth Council objectives include:
- To represent and raise the profile of young people
- Foster understanding and awareness of youth issues within local government and the wider community
- Identify and address gaps in youth services
- Assist AlburyCity in formulating policy on youth affairs
- Provide opportunities for civic engagement and to have fun working on projects with peers
Nominations close on 28 April 2017.
Download the Youth Councillor position description
Submit an online nomination form
|Cr David Thurley and Cr Henk van de Ven with AlburyCity Youth Mayor and Youth Deputy Mayor.|