Waste and recycling
Water supply and management
Albury Floodplain Management
Biodiversity and Vegetation Management
- Public Health and Safety
Compliance and Rangers
Hair, Beauty and Skin Penetration
We’re responsible for making sure that Albury businesses providing personal appearance services operate safely.
What are personal appearance services?
Personal appearance services include beauty therapy, body piercing, hairdressing and skin penetration services (tattooing, scarring and implanting substances).
We have an inspection and monitoring program for businesses that provide higher risk personal appearance services. These services include:
- body piercing (other than ear and nose piercing with a gun)
- implanting natural or synthetic substances(such as hair or beads) into skin
- scarring or cutting skin to make a permanent mark, pattern or design
- tattoo removal involving skin penetration.
We also inspect lower risk services, but less often. These services include:
- ear and nose piercing with a gun
- beautician services (such as waxing, nail sculpting, electrolysis, cosmetics application and skin surface treatments).
Setting up a personal appearance service?
The first step is to contact us (02 6023 8111) to find out if you need development approval.
The second step is to register your service with us. This registration is a legally requirement under the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 and the Public Health Regulation 2012.
Notify us of any changes
Please let us know by using the Hair, Beauty and Skin Penetration Registration form if your business closes, stops trading, moves, opens another business, sells to a new owner or changes its trading name. We may contact you if we need more information. There’s no fee involved.