The Albury Waste Management Centre (AWMC) is licensed to accept asbestos that has been removed and packed in accordance with legislative requirements.
Disposal times for asbestos waste
Monday - Friday
8.00 am - 11.00 am and 1.00pm – 4.00pm
Saturday and Sunday
9.00 am – 3.00 pm
The Protection of the Environment Operations (Waste) Regulation 2014 introduces new requirements for waste transporters to record the movement of more than 100 kilograms of asbestos waste.
Transporting asbestos within NSW
Asbestos transporters must report the movement of asbestos waste to the Environment Protection Authority. To help industry meet its legal obligations, the EPA has developed an easy to use online tool, WasteLocate.
If you’re involved with the transport or disposal of asbestos waste in NSW, or arranging the transport of asbestos waste in NSW, you need to register for WasteLocate.
WasteLocate generates a unique EPA consignment ID that allows each load to be monitored from the place of generation to the site of disposal.
Tracking waste out of NSW or overseas
There are different regulations for tracking waste out of NSW or overseas than for tracking waste within NSW.
Tracking waste from interstate to a receiving facility in NSW
- Find out which types of waste must be tracked when transported interstate.
- Use the EPA’s online waste tracking system to track the waste.
- Consignment authorisations can be obtained from the approved receiving facility in NSW.
Tracking waste from NSW to a receiving facility in another state or territory
Find out which types of waste must be tracked when transported interstate.
Contact the environment agency in the relevant state or territory for advice on requirements, including consignment authorisations.
- Australian Capital Territory: http://www.environment.act.gov.au/ and http://www.act.gov.au/
- Northern Territory: https://ntepa.nt.gov.au/home and https://nt.gov.au/
- Queensland: http://www.ehp.qld.gov.au/ and https://www.qld.gov.au/
- South Australia: http://www.epa.sa.gov.au/ and http://www.sa.gov.au/
- Tasmania: http://epa.tas.gov.au/ and http://www.tas.gov.au/
- Victoria: http://www.epa.vic.gov.au/ and http://www.vic.gov.au/
- Western Australia: http://www.epa.wa.gov.au and https://www.wa.gov.au/
A 5-docket paper waste transport certificate is needed to record each movement approved under a consignment authorisation. This can be obtained from the NSW EPA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information
- consignment authorisation number that the paper waste transport certificate/s will be used with
- name, phone number and email address of a contact person
- how many 5-docket paper waste transport certificates are needed
- postal address of the consignor
If you are transporting waste to another state of territory, you must comply with the laws of each state or territory you pass through once you leave NSW.