Our dedicated Events Team works in collaboration with organisers to ensure events are conducted successfully and safely, with a minimum of red tape.
Council supports corporate groups, community groups and individuals plan events, by providing information, advice and access to a range of resources and services, including:
- Information on how to book a park or reserve
- Event guidance & support to host your own activities.
- Including assistance with: temporary road closures, council approvals, risk plans, food safety and waste management
- Recommendations on key suppliers and service providers
- Introductions to local agencies and community organisations
- Bid preparation for hosts
- Support with either cash, or in-kind event support
- Free event listing on visitalburywodonga.com.au (Conditions apply).
Event Permit Application
If you would like to hold an event in a park or open space within Albury complete our Event Permit Application and a member of the our Events Team will be in touch.
Please note: an official application for all major events 1,000+ attendees must be completed a minimum of six months prior to the event date. Event applications of 1,000 and under attendees must be completed a minimum of eight weeks prior to the event.
Request for Sponsorship & Support
Applications for financial or in-kind support for events are assessed on a range of criteria including community and economic benefit.
All applications for financial or in-kind support require Council Executive approval. Late applications may not be approved.
Please note: this process is separate to our Grants and Funding opportunities.
To obtain an application form for financial sponsorship or in-kind support, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Power – splitter boxes
- Track matting
- PA and Microphone
- AlburyCity flags (teardrop)
- Pull up banners