Site Search

Construction Certificates and PCA Appointment

After you’ve obtained a DA, you'll need to obtain a Construction Certificate to commence building works.

A Construction Certificate must be obtained before any building work commences, it is your approval to start construction, verifying that:

  • The construction plans and specifications of the development are consistent with the development consent and complies with the Building Code of Australia.
  • All required development contributions and fees have been paid.
  • All development consent conditions that must be satisfied before a Construction Certificate can be issued have been met.

Your Construction Certificates application must be accompanied with:

  • Plans drawn to scale 1:100 or 1:200, fully dimensioned & showing North Point
  • Locality Plan
  • Site Plan
  • Elevations
  • BASIX Certificate, if required (BASIX commitments must be identified on the plans)
  • Floor Plan (existing and proposed works shown separately)
  • Sectional Plans (indicating detailed construction)
  • Specifications
  • Structural or Civil Engineers designed drawings and Certificate of Compliance
  • Hydraulic Design (larger residential, commercial, and industrial developments)

To lodge your Construction Certificate application with us, you will need to apply online though the NSW Planning Portal.

Lodge Online via the NSW Planning Portal

AlburyCity will provide you with a Certification Contract to complete and return. The Contract is for the Certification Services AlburyCity will provide during the construction. You will need complete all aspects of the Contract and return to AlburyCity prior to the Construction Certificate being issued.

PCA Appointment

In addition to lodging your Construction Certificate you are required to complete a PCA Appointment thought the NSW Planning Portal this can be done at the same time the Construction Certificate application is made.

Related Pages